How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6359
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

My father passed away 6 years ago and His apartment was

This answer was rated:

My father passed away 6 years ago and
His apartment was passed to myself .
His estate was finalised here in uk 4 years ago but today I got a letter from
a Spanish bank telling me he has money
In a bank account in Spain, I had no Idea about this?
I have a Spanish solictor who put the apartment into my name etc: what happens now ?
Will my Spanish solictor be able to deal this out for me or do I need to involve a uk Solicitor
my father had a Spanish will but it only mentioned the apartment.
Kind regards

Hi there

Of course you could clain for the money and the best way to do it will be with your atorneys help

Contact him and give him all the details you have of the bank in order he ask them and help you to get the money

No matter about the will, once you are the heir and you could probe it, bank will do no need more

Thank you

j+José M spanish atorney

Please let me know if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
So I only need to contact my Spanish solictor and not the British solictor here ?

No by now

Contact the solicitor here and wait what he says

Then, contact your solicitor there if needed

Thank you

José M. and other Spain Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will contact my Spanish solictor this week.
Will Inheritance tax have to be paid on my fathers money in bank?
I already paid inheritance tax on his Spanish property.
Kind regards

Hi. First you have to got the pay sheet, paper, document, from the spanish tax office. Once you got it, you could pay in all spanish banks or even from your outside. The main thing is to have the payment document called here Carta de pago. Its the document wich says how much and the account bank where you have to pay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again

Thank you