How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6360
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

We have a problem with houses in our community which rent

Customer Question

Hi we have a problem with houses in our community which rent out their properties to students from a nearby University. The students often cause problems with noise, use of glassware near the poolarea and leaving access doors open. Can the community take action or is it as our administator states a 'private matter' between individual owners and people who break the ru;les?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: what details do you need?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, José M spanish atorney

In your case you have several ways to manage

First one is to denounce the facts to the president to the comunity and give him the order to denounce in the name of the comunity at the City hall and local Police

If it fails or president do nothing go yourself and denounce to the Police and at the City hall

In all cases call the Police always they are making problems in order the police get tired and go there to put some fines

José M

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi José,These problems have been raised in the general meeting of our community but we are unclear whether or not the community can make a resolution with rules for owners, tenants to adhere to. Rules exist which relate to keeping the houses in good state, no washing hanging over railings etc. According to our administrator going further is not possible and then problems of noise, allowing unauthorized people access etc becomes a private matter between whichever owner complains but the association of owners has no power to enforce 'good behaviour' ?
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Your administrator is right. Once we get this point the only way left is the police when the noise comes. Is a tipical problem, a regular one, and hard to avoid when people lose good manners. Police and several owners taking care to notice the noisers to stop when they apear will be the way. No more ways. Be patient and call the police when noise come. Regards