How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6446
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

My mother is spanish and I would like a spanish passport,

This answer was rated:

My mother is spanish and I would like a spanish passport, please advise

Hi. José M spanish atorney

I need to know how old are you and were you were borned

Thank you to let me know to answer your question properly

José M. and other Spain Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was born in the UK and I am 55 years old. My Mother was born in Spain (I have her Birth Certificate). I also have my parents marriage certificate and my own Birth Certificate. My question was what else do I need to get a Spanish Passport?

You do not need to wait 10 years residing in Spain

As son of spaniard you have the chance to opt for it at the closer spanish consulate

Follow the intructions

Thank you

I will be here if needed. Thank you and have a good day

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have looked at the website and have the REQUISITOS PARA LA OPCIÓN DE LA NACIONALIDAD ESPAÑOLAI have most of the papers required but I need to ask you a question on the part entitled DOCUMENTACIÓN ORIGINAL DE LOS PADRES:I also need to know what I need to sort out A PETITION and a DECLARIATION DE DATOS?

Documentacion original de los padres its the birth certificate of your mother

With her passport numebr the conulsate could know where you can find it r you could ask for it to the civil register (registro civil)

petitio is just the fact of you ask for it That it is (You star the procedure with the petición)

Declaracción de datos is just another part of the procedure

Contact the closer registro civil at the closer spanish embassy and star the procedure