How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6293
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

As my husband has just passed away do I need to change the

This answer was rated:

As my husband has just passed away do I need to change the names on the deeds for the property we have in Spain( a small apartmrnt) if so what is the peocderue, and do you know how much it will cost?

Hi. I need to know where the propriety is in Spain. Also so need when she pass away. Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Benalmada He passed away 12June 2017
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't afford to ring allI want to know can I sell the apartment with both our names on the deeds or do I have to change the name to mine.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I paid you to answer my question which you haven't done jet I was under the impression that if I wasn't satisfied I could have a refund,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dear Sir are you still there ."

Hi. You have now 6 months to pay plusvalías at the city hall You must ask them how much it is It's no possible to me to know. And you have also 6 months to pay in heritage tax at the junta de Andalucía It could be over 20 per cent of the value of her part. They have 5 years to notify you to pay If they do not notify you to pay in five years you will have to pay nothing. Most foreign people do nothing in 5 years to avoid to pay but if the tax office catch you the fine is 40 per cent more

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can I sell the apartment as the deeds are at the moment with both our names on the deed?

No you can't You must pay taxes first

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you ,, you have been a big help.
Is your office in Benalmadna, if so could i have your address as i will be in Spain in January?
perhaps you could take up my case for me as I cant speak the laungage and Iam not sure where to go,Thanking you Mrs Nita Wall

No sorry. I am 200 km north of Madrid. Please to rate positively the service Thank you I will be here if needed

José M. and other Spain Law Specialists are ready to help you