How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6290
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

I'm trying to find out if a US company can serve a writ on a

This answer was rated:

I'm trying to find out if a US company can serve a writ on a Spanish resident (not Spanish national) to seize assets?

Hi, the answer is yes, the person not has to be resident. The matter is that he gets a power to manage in name and right of this company. The power has to be signed by a notario or equivalent with the hage apostige on it to be legal

The power could be done at the closer spanish embassy

The power will say the minits of this person to manage in name and right of the company

José M spanish atorney

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think my question was misunderstood. If I an American company is owed money/assets by someone living in Spain (although not necessarily Spanish) does the US company have a way to serve a legal document against that person?

Sorry for my mistake

The answer is yes, the company could sue, demand, this person here in Spain if Spain is his residence

To do that you need to contract a local atorney and he could study the cahnce to get something from him

According to international law demander has to demand at the place where debitor, demanded person resides

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Many thanks.

Thank you

Please to rate positively my service.

Have a good day

José M. and other Spain Law Specialists are ready to help you