How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6408
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

My mother owned a property in Spain but returned to the UK

Customer Question

My mother owned a property in Spain but returned to the UK in 2010 as she had Alzheimers.
She did not make a Spanish will and I would like to know if the notary in Spain would need a grant of probate to transfer the property.She died in this year
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi. Yes, the notario will need a probe thats the one who transfers has the legal right to do it as heir

Remember you should paiy taxes six months later from the date of she passed away and if you did not do it you willhave to pay a fine unless you wait 5 years to transfer