How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6303
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

My mother jointly owned a property in Spain with my brother,

This answer was rated:

My mother jointly owned a property in Spain with my brother, my mum owned two thirds and he owns a third.My mother returned to the UK a number a years ago and died this year intestate, my brother who lives in the UK has refused me access to the property for a holiday and he also refuses to sell the property so it can be sold and the proceeds shared to legal heirs. Can you advise me of the action I need to take? I need to keep the costs as low as I can.
I have also been advised that being refused access to the property of a parent is a criminal offence in Spain, so what can I do about this. I would also like to add that he never contributed to the purchase of the property. many thanksa

Hi, in order to have a chance you must become an coowner as heir As you are not coowner you have no way to enter into it. José M spanish atorney So you have to get your rights as heir first.

José M. and other Spain Law Specialists are ready to help you