José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have moved to Spain and am employed by a UK company

I have moved to Spain and am employed by a UK company working remotely in Spain. I need to apply for residency in Spain and a NIE number. Do I need to pay tax in Spain as I am paying tax and national insurance in the UK through my UK employer

Hi, you need to declare taxes here in Spain, and ask for residence card. But taxes paid in UK are deductibles from taxes due to pay in Spain. You have to get your residence car and NIE (Tax numbre) and thats will be all. Onve a year you will have to declare incomes and you could deduce the taxes paid in Uk Thank you