How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6405
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

I have moved to Spain and am employed by a UK company

This answer was rated:

I have moved to Spain and am employed by a UK company working remotely in Spain. I need to apply for residency in Spain and a NIE number. Do I need to pay tax in Spain as I am paying tax and national insurance in the UK through my UK employer

Hi, you need to declare taxes here in Spain, and ask for residence card. But taxes paid in UK are deductibles from taxes due to pay in Spain. You have to get your residence car and NIE (Tax numbre) and thats will be all. Onve a year you will have to declare incomes and you could deduce the taxes paid in Uk Thank you

José M. and other Spain Law Specialists are ready to help you