How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6901
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now

If you bring a civil claim to the Spanish court using an old

This answer was rated:

If you bring a civil claim to the Spanish court using an old name that is no longer your legal name, is the successful outcome of that claim null and void if the court is later informed the name used was not the current legal name?

Its could be a problem if somebody says to the court but no so big to make the procedure null as you cpuld get a time to probe where the problem comes and who you are José M spanish atorney

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, i don't really understand your response.
Are you saying I could notify the court my name was not legal and therefore the successful outcome is nullified?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am the only person who knows this fact and it may suit me to nullify the case i won back in 2015

Well If you are the demander and it happens if somebody ask to clrify judge just call you to do it and thats Will be all

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nobody will ask as nobody knows. I am the demander. I won. But i would like to nullify the case by my own declaration. If i do this, will the judge declare the case null and void?

No, its just something to be clarified If you Want to void the procedure you can any time

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The procedure was concluded in 2015. In my favor. I'd like to know if i can null and void the case as i used an illegal name.

No You can no do that Sorry for that

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. So to clarify, under Spanish law, successful civil claims are valid even if you use a fake name?

If fake name becomes real not

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I used name "A" in the proceeding, in 2015 i was name "B" and i still use my legal name "B". I was no longer name "A" from 2012. So is the ruling legal?

Yes it is until judge say its not. And you can no go to judge to ask for it

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. I think i understand. If someone else goes to the judge and informs them the name was not legal, then the judge can void the case (at the judge's discretion)

But civil case require a right on it No everybody could. You got it

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i need a lawyer to go to the court and request the case (that i won) be cancelled, can you do this ? The court is in Province of Cadiz

But if you do, judge will ask and them you will have to answer anyway .....

José M. and other Spain Law Specialists are ready to help you