How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 2972
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Assistant: How can I help? I am an Indian citizen, living

This answer was rated:

Hi there,
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am an Indian citizen, living with my 10 yr old son who is a Uk citizen. I had planned to visit spain with my son.BLS refused to process My application for schengen visa under Eu family member
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Do i have any rights under the eu freedom of movement as a family member of an eu citizen. Or no rights as my son is a minor.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi José M spanish atorney

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, what is your expert opinion is my rights.

I am working on it Wait please

Do you know now the reason they have reject your visa?

You have the right to appeal but in order to know what to do you need to know the reason

Most cases are rejected for insurance, heatl coverture or founds

Try to know why they have rejected the visa and we could study the best choice to appeal

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I wanted to apply as an eu family member but i was not allowed, so with what ever documents i had handy i had to apply as a tourist. My tourist visa was rejected due to lack a travel insurance and information submitted regarding the justification for and condition of the intended stay was not reliable.
I am planning to reapply with further supporting evidences.
But my query is regarding right to apply as an eu family member if the family member is a minor.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am seeking advise on what my rights are not why my application was rejected.

Really you have no rights as you want to be allowed here as a guess So the way it’s not to ask for rights The way is to give the evidences you need to prove to get your visa So study why were you rejected and solve The lacks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could anyone else take a look at my question?

I hope so, I leave your question. Have a good day

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. I note the other expert has opted out. The short answer to your question is that you can not rely on your son as he is a minor, so you can’t be his EEA family member for purposes of travelling freely in Europe. You willl need to apply for a standard visitor’s visafor you and he will need to just travel with his passport, he doesn’t apply for a visa. You will need his other parent to give written permission for you to travel with him without the other parent. I hope this is useful to you. I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience by clicking on the green stars at the top on your screen. Please do not hesitate to send your follow on questions if you have any after your rating I will still be able to respond to you. All the best.
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 2972
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
SolicitorRM and other Spain Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks alot for clarification. Very helpful indeed simple and straight forward reply to my query.
You are welcome and thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.