José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have had a mortgage with Banco Santander for 15 years. I

Hi, I have had a mortgage with Banco Santander for 15 years. I have been sending mone transfers to my bank for the payments. Last week I was sending a mortgage payment and it was returned due to my current account being blocked. I contacted the bank and was told it was due to me not giving annual information. It has been unblocked now and they helped me get on to my online account, which I have been asking my bank to do for years. I then saw that there was a large amount in my current account. It seem that the mortgage payments have not been made. I have received no correspondence we were there in August at the house and there was nothing, I had no reason to believe that the payments were not being made. I have many emails made to my account manager over the last year asking for my balance as I couldn't get on line. She never replied or told me anything was out of order. I have continued to pay all my local taxes and utilities. I don't know what to do. The person I spoke to has raised an issue as she could not see why the mortgage has not been paid. I am so worried, surely I should have been notified at my UK address as well as Spain, although I have had no letters. Please will you advise, I think I will need a solicitor. Thanks
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: It is in Almeria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi José M spanish atorney

If the bank knows your data and the data of the bank account its not your fault they dont take the money.

If they want to sue you at court they need to probe they tried Even blocked for you the account they coould get the money as depositors they are So contact them and ask for the reason they never take it and do not admit excuses.

It is not your fault if they miss to take some money they could

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am waiting to hear from them, but it looks like the mortgage account has been closed. Why would they do this without notifying me. Also I have found many emails where I have had to ask the bank the amount required for my account she did reply and let me know but then she stopped letting me know and I had no access to the online banking at that time. I have paid my mortgage for fifteen years with only five more years left.

Why would they do this without notifying me. Just nothing You have been paying with that money if they get on truobles later on they must notify you

So the problem if for they I supposed they will take your money and thats will be all Do not worry because in order to sue you at court they must probe they notify you several times before the demand be admitted to start the trial.

To probe it its a compusory requirment for they Judge will not admit a demand without this probes

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Jose I will get back to you when I receive a response from the bank. I may then wish to speak with you by phone.

Thats will be perfect Even I could speak with them if they admitt so on your name I will be here if needed Please to rate positively my service at the starts Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi JoseI have emailed the Customer Service at Grupo Santander, hopefully I will receive a response shortly.
Julie

Thanks for let me know Julie. I will wait for news from you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Jose
I have not heard back from Banco Santander, I don't know what to do. I am worried they will repossess it. I have attached the email that I sent to them.
Julie

Hi Again Send them a letter for cerificate mail to

Banco santander

PASEO PEREDA, 9 - 12

Código Postal 39004

SANTANDER

Cantabria

It will be used in future if they try to sue you to reposes the propiety

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Jose, I will do that today.RegardsJulie

If you get some problems just let me know and I will send you an affer to try to contact somebody here at the bank as your atorney I am his client and may be I could get closer

I could send oyu an offer following the rules of tis site and I could send you my mail to be hired if needed Just let me know Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Jose, I am happy to continue with this contract if this matter can be resolved. I will get back to you when I hear from them.
Julie

Thank you Julie

José M.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Jose
I have received this response, I will notify you further when they have investigated.
Acusamos recibo a su atento escrito, que ha tenido entrada en el día de hoy en este Servicio de Reclamaciones y Atención al Cliente con número de referencia arriba indicado1.Con esta misma fecha hemos iniciado los trámites oportunos para documentar y recabar la información necesaria para el estudio del asunto que nos plantea, con el fin de darle la resolución, en razón a los mismos, a la mayor brevedad posible.Reciba un cordial saludo.

Ok. Its an automactly answer A boot machine It just says that the mail has been perfectly recibed and then they will study your case and they will answer you as soon as possible

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi JoseI have still heard nothing from Banco Santander, I am leaving the office in a few moments but I will check my mail from home.
RegardsJulie

Well. Now the ball is in their ground. If they contact you let me know If you need me contact when you want Thank you

Sooner or later they will contact you and them you will have to use this probes to let they know that you did them

If you think I could do something here for you just let me know Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks JoseI will get back to you when I hear and I need additional assistance.Thank you and Happy Christmas if I don't hear anything until the New Year.julie

Thank you Julie. Happy Christmas.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dear *****I received an email in response to my email, however, they only addressed the reason for my account being blocked. The did not mention the mortgage.
Last week I received the attached regarding my mortgage, please will you have a read and let me know what it says.
I expect to receive a reply from my letter in due course. I will keep you updated.Julie

Hi Julie

They are saying that your account ended 636317 due to internal reason from them ( They call contrato anterior) is recall with the new number ( Nuevo contrato) with the numeber ended with 00091

So that the reason your account is blocked ( Contrato anterior)

The mnoney you got at this contract has to be moved to the new account and the payments paid there

You could call the number***********and I am sure you will find somebody speaking english to answer you

Probably that answer all the mistery about the case Banco de Santander has made a lot of internal chages lately so that could be agood reason for the problem

In all cases it never could damage your position

I will be here if needed

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you so much, I will call them and hopefully I can enjoy my Christmas break.Julie

Thank you Julie I hope you get everything clear right now Happy Christmas to you too