José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Do you know anything about proof of life certificates? I

Do you know anything about proof of life certificates ?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I require a proof of life so I can continue to recieve my Spanish pension , I have attempted to contact the Spanish consulate on London but have been unsuccessful so far , I need to know how much the postal order needs to be made out for.
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I recieve my pension every month from Spain for the past 3 yrs . Each yr I have to submit a proof of life form (it's called Fe De Vida Y estado civil para el cobro de pension) I have all the required paperwork for the application but need to send a postal order with the application, last yr it was for £1.80. I only require to know the amount for this yr, but can not get through to the consulate by phone or e mail or by looking g on there web site.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only the amount of the postal order, that's it

Hi José M. Spanish attorney

Spanish law says To avoid the suspension of Social Security pensions, it is necessary to send annually, in the first three months of the year, a FE of LIFE and State to the body that remits the pension, the Provincial Directorate of the National Social Security Institute whose address can be located hereThe certifications of Fe de Vida and Estado are issued by the Consulates General of Spain, through the appearance of the interested party. Non-Spanish pensioners can also carry out this procedure at the Consulates General of Spain, upon payment of the legally established rates. If you cannot travel to the Consulate General corresponding to your demarcation, contact the same.

No way to do it by phone or mail as the consulate will require that you are the person who your passport says you are So I know it hard to manage but you will have to manage at consulate Sir Its the law

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thankyou for your reply, unfortunatly you are incorrect as it can now be done directly and the consulate no longer deals with this matter, there is also no fee to be paid, all you need is a declaration de comparecencia to be completed and signed and stamped at your local townhall witnessing your passport and returned to the consejefia de tarabajo in London who will then forward the necessary document to D.P.INSS IN SPAIN.
This information has taken me approx 1 month to obtain and only arrived late today. I hope that this through your contacts will assist other people who l know doubt are having the same problems as me. There is no information on the Spanish web site and they have informed me that it will be updated, ( l won't hold my breath)
Thankyou again for your time.
R.D.Healey

Hi Mr. Healey. The information given is from the official web page of the Spanish government Please do not charge on me if they do not upload the correct information. I am as a victim as you are. because I have no doubt about your information is correct but the one at the official web is what I have given you Sir.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I understand and I am in know way saying you are wrong, it has taken me a month, hundreds of phone calls and I have e mailed every email site at the embassy and consulate before some one emailed me and then called me with the new procedure which is not on there web pages. The new procedure is very easy and at no cost ,I have followed the old procedure for the past 3 years with no problem it was only this yr that the information on the web site was incomplete ( ie no information on the cost of the postal order) . After I tried to find out the cost is when I became awhere that something had changed. Please believe me I am not doubting your credibility only the spanish authorities in abilities

Regards Rob

Thanks Mr. Rob. For me, it's not the first time I found this case. There are a lot of mistakes and wrong information and changes not properly shown by the Spanish government. Thank you for understanding.

Regards José.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I can forward you the information for the new procedure if you like
If you can give me your email address

Rob

The rules of this site do not allow me to give you my mail and I must follow them Thank you anyway.

José.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok no probs if you need any assistance in the future in a similar case please ask
Oh and my help is free������