Jose Magadan
Jose Magadan,
Experience:  Titular at Jose Magadan
109790641

I have a Spanish mortgage. It is under the names of my wife

Customer Question

I have a Spanish mortgage. It is under the names of my wife and myself. We don't have a will made out in Spain but have one in the UK. My wife will never fly again due to long term illness and there is no way of her getting there to sign a will in Spain. Firstly will our UK will cover the Spanish property under Spanish law and, secondly, if not how do I get around the problem? It is causing her distress and I need to find a solution to put her mind at rest that our investment/Spanish home is safe.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Puerto de Mazarron
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I dont understand
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: My wife is terminally ill and we dont have a will over there. Is the UK will sufficient to safeguard our property?
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Jose Magadan replied 17 days ago.

Hi José M Spanish attorney It is very important for you two to make a Spanish will in order to avoid further problems

A lot of foreign people get in trouble because they never do it

Avoid problems and make a Spanish will asap