james bruce
james bruce,
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My mother remarried and moved to spain with her husband

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: my mother remarried and moved to spain with her husband where they lived for 14 years before her death. a will was written in favour of both families, her husbands 3 children and us, another 3 children . He has again remarried and changed the will, not including us
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Near Alicante
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: none as yet, we only foound out last night
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i do not think sp

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please continue
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

What exactly was the wording of your mothers original will?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It was a mirrored will between my mother and her husband. Basically, in the the event of both their deaths , the estate would be split equally between the two families

Thank you for that additional information, that will be helpfull in allowing me to advise you today.

So the wills were mirror wills.

Do you happen to know the wording of the wills?

Did the will leave everything to the surviving partner and then on their death to be split between all the children?

james bruce,
Experience: Owner at James Bruce Solicitors

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, I have found my mothers, but I cannot seem to attach

There should be an option on the screen too attach documents, usually a paperclip icon.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (4V4PPZS)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
A similar will had been written for her husband Chris

I will take a look and come back to you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you very much

Having read that will, it appears that there are two main clauses with regards ***** ***** first relates to any "money " the she had in Spain. That was to be divided equally between all the children and husband.

The second clause then leaves the remainder of her estate to her husband if he survives her which he has.

As he inherits everything else, he is then free to do as he wishes with any will in his name.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply. I think as with clause 1, there may of been some cash and a bank account, but obviously her main asset was the share in the home that they bought. Would this not be part of her assets ?

Yes the property in Spain is part of her assests and her estate.

Clause one, simply conforms that this will only relates to her estate in Spain.

Clause two, gives equal shares to the children and husband of her existing money in Spain. That means "Money only,"

Clause three, leaves the whole balance of her estate, assets, rights etc to her husband if he survives her.

Therefore sorry to say all you would have been entitled to was a one seventh share of any money she had in Spain. Everything else went to the husband.