Jose Magadan
Jose Magadan,
Experience:  Titular at Jose Magadan
109790641

I have just purchased a property in Abaran, Murcia, Spain. I

Hi there,I have just purchased a property in Abaran, Murcia, Spain. I have the Spanish documents / deeds for the property in my name. All 100% Spanish legal in my name for the property. There is no outstanding debt, the property is fully paid for and all taxes have been paid etc.At the moment the Agent that sold me the property is looking after the swimming pool and garden for me at a fixed fee every month.However the previous owner is interested in looking after the pool and garden for me. Mainly he says because of his passion for the property or so he tells me, which after meeting him I honestly believe.QUESTION: Is it legal and advisable to employ the previous owner to look after the pool and garden for me or just the garden even OR could this cause legal problems regarding the property ownership if he has access to the property. It would mean giving him a key to access the pool and garden and possibly an out building but not the main house / cabin. I would also have to pay him legally in Spain for this.Many thanks,Piero, (Ireland.)
Hi José M Spanish attorney

you do not have to mind for this problem You have no hired this service and it is not a problem of you.

Just ignore them at all

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok.......thanks / gracias.......I understand.......I will stay with the Estate Agent who is providing the garden and pool service at the moment when I am in Ireland.
stop it when You want.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
to employ the previous owner for the garden for example could be a problem......?
No If You make a contract as new. I mean as he never worked there at all
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok, so if I make a contract in Spain with the previous owner through a local solicitor / attorney for him to look after my garden / pool there should be no property ownership problems.....?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The only time he worked there was when he owned the property........so yes it will be a new contract.... : )
A new contract starting from zero
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok........my main concern is that my Spanish property remains unchallenged legally from any key holder including the previous owner as I believe under Spanish law "possession" is "everything". So I will make a contract with the previous owner with a local solicitor / attorney stipulating the reason for the previous owner having access to the property is for maintenance reasons only whilst I'm in Ireland. I have the property deeds so that should be fine. THANK YOU VERY MUCH / MUCHAS GRACIAS SIR FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE...... : )
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have left you a 5 stars rating Sir and sincerely ***** ***** help : )
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I just want this previous owner to look after the garden at least and maybe the pool. The Estate Agent does not have the same passion and care about the garden / pool as this gentleman does. He spent 17 years at the property before I purchased it and it's like a "baby" to him. For him it's a passion to maintain it beautifully. Thank you once again Sir........ : )