Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
101823876

I have a property in Spain it is half mine. If he was

Customer Question

I have a property in Spain it is half mine. If he was married again would she b entitled to any of my half the property is worth twenty million pounds. Many thanks sam
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in England I have property in my name here the particular property is in spain
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have already
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like a phone consultation
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 6 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the question. I’ll do my best to assist you and provide an accurate and speedy response. Please bear with me as this is an email service and not live chat. Also note that the discussions here are for general information purposes only and do not constitute a lawyer client relationship.

Let me just review your query and I’ll come back to you with any points I need clarifying in order to be able to answer.

Can you tell me - are you married to the co-owner and are you considering divorce in that case?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'm the daughter can I pay for a phone conversation

Thank you - I can't take a call personally right now but your call is on the system and you will receive a call as soon as someone becomes free to do so.

Can you tell me if you are recorded as a 50% legal owner of the property in this case?

Have you inherited this share?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have paid for a call?

Yes as I said I can see your call on the system and as soon as someone becomes available they will call you.

Can you please respond to my questions about the legal ownership of the property above?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I own fifty percent

Thank you. Your ownership would be protected even if the other party remarried.

If you are the legal owner of 50% of the property, this won't form part of his 'estate' or assets.

It may of course be more straightforward to agree a sale of the asset at this stage, so you can benefit from the sum of money that is sitting in the property, or reinvest into your own property portfolio. It's obviously a substantial sum, and you may be able to grow the investment if you have control of your share of the funds yourself.

Is there anything else I can clarify specifically about this for you at this stage?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you do I still need a call?

My pleasure.

It's entirely up to you about the call - if you wish to cancel the call request please contact customer services here as I have no access to your account or billing -

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us

Telephone: 0808(###) ###-####/p>

Is there anything else I can help with just now?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It would be good to chat as I have questions about properties and businesses I'm available until 3pm and then 4pm-6.30Thank youSam

Thank you - as I said the call is on the system and as soon as someone is free then they will call you.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. You can request me personally on a new question thread saving my profile as one of your preferred experts and by tagging me (@PLCLEGAL) at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi I am free I have paid 50 for this service hasn't been given to me today. I have used this service before and I had a doctor call back in a very short space of time.I could of gone somewhere else this matter is important to me please adviseThanksSam
As I said I can’t take calls personally today, the site offers the call option not the expert. Someone will call, when they are free, but I can’t give you a time for that as I don’t control other expert’s diaries I’m afraid. Thanks for your understanding.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I know you can't control diaries but your website says you will get a call back shortly. I'm not asking to speak specifically to you but I'm feeling like I've been palmed off. Your company took the money very quickly sorry not messing to be abrupt surely your solicitors finish at 5pm and as I've stated I cannot talk after 6Thanks

There are experts online during the day and the evening, we all work remotely as third party experts for the company and do not necessarily keep standard office hours.

You can either wait for the call to be fulfilled or request the call charge be refunded via the customer care link I have provided.

Thanks again for your patience.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you I will wait until 8pm if not someone can get me tomorrow thanks

No problem, best wishes.