How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nina Caldera Your Own Question
Nina Caldera
Nina Caldera,
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 155
Experience:  dasdasd
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
Nina Caldera is online now

I have been detained by the police for not being helpful in

This answer was rated:

Hi I have been detained by the police for not being helpful in San Sebastian and then released with my passport - they kept me in the station for 12 hours and appointed a lawyer to investigate but she doesn't speak EnglishI don't know what she's investigating surely the Police should tell me what I have donethank you

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Hello! My name is***** am specialized in international legal advice and today I am going to help you with your inquiry.

Dear customer, what were you doing at the time of the arrest? Do you have no idea what the reason for the arrest was?

You can ask for a translator so that you understand everything the lawyer wants to tell you and so that you know exactly what is going on.

Dear client, I see that you have not had the opportunity to answer my questions. So in general I can tell you that the best thing to do is to collaborate with the police during the whole process and demand that the lawyer assigned to you is also present along with a translator so that you can understand the whole process.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am sorry I did not see any questions you have sent
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am sorry I see your question now the format is new to me I was a passenger in a camper parking in San Sebastián overnight the driver was asked to provide I D he did he was releasedI did not have mine on me it was in the van I wasn’t allowed to get it and they detained me they then released me same day but handcuffed me and strip searched meThe document they gave me is in basque I don’t want to use the lawyer assigned this is all too hand in gloveI have no idea what I was detained forThank you

I understand dear customer, when you were arrested you were also fingerprinted? It must be that you were in a place that you are not allowed to be. Did they tell you anything else?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you Niana -this is the paper work in Spanish

If you are a client, you have been charged with a crime against public order. And you are under provisional liberty without bail. You have been assigned an attorney and you have 5 days after receiving that notice to appeal your case. You should contact your attorney.

You are also obligated to appear before the court every time you are called and you must provide them with an address in Spain where they can send you the corresponding notifications or you must designate a person who can receive this for you if you are not in Spain and represent you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks Nina - its myself son the attorney just said I want a 1000E she was picked by the court is that normal - He's just finished his law degree a First and is worried it will affect his career

Excuse me dear customer, I do not understand what you are trying to tell me. Can you please explain yourself better.

Who is asking you for 1000 euros? Which son?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The attorney which was appointed by the police has asked for 1000E to assist further

Can you afford this amount? If not, you should notify the lawyer that you do not have this money and that it is his obligation to defend you free of charge or recommend a public defender who can.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks so much Nina - I earn E25,000 so I can afford and it seems I was arrested for not being able to find my ID - Its a lot

Good thing you can pay the lawyer to keep helping you. Well, honestly, it is not specified what public disorder he was doing, but in this kind of situation a lot of things influence. I really hope everything can be solved easily with the next legal moves the lawyer makes.

Nina Caldera,
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 155
Experience: dasdasd
Nina Caldera and other Spain Law Specialists are ready to help you