How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask walkereng Your Own Question
walkereng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 556
Experience:  Structural Engineer with over 30 years of experience.
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
walkereng is online now

I have a friend who runs a small school and she would like

Customer Question

I have a friend who runs a small school and she would like to remove or move a non load-bearing internal wall, in her school which is NOT a listed building.
Are there any circumstance under which this would not be given permitted development?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  walkereng replied 2 years ago.
I can help. As long the rebuild of the wall is detailed to the standards in the Code, that should not be a problem. The only thing I can see is if the movement of this wall changes the egress pattern or path from the building.