How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask walkereng Your Own Question
walkereng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 2917
Experience:  Structural Engineer with over 30 years of experience.
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
walkereng is online now

Again 2 more questions. Am just wondering about the tests

This answer was rated:

Hi Again 2 more questions. Am just wondering about the tests you would want if you were going to see if we could build over the existing foundations. On the hand shear vane test, is that possible for us to do ourselves by hiring the equipment as that would
be much faster than getting the guy in as it will be 2 weeks for an appointment and then 2 weeks for the report.
To be able to do testing like this, you need to have some sort of third party certification that shows you are qualified in this type of testing. I would call around to other testing agencies and see if they can send a technician out sooner. You may need to check with your Architect or Contractor to see if there is a firm that they have worked with in the past and have a relationship with.
walkereng and other Structural Engineering Specialists are ready to help you
Let me know if you have any more questions in the future.