sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Anyone have knowledge of Subaru Sambars?

Customer Question

Anyone have knowledge of Subaru Sambars ?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
how can i help you dear customer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ibhave a 1993 Subaru Sambar .Drives fine but cuts out when stop at road junctions

I understand, can you tell me if your Subaru use diesel or petrol?
In addition what have the last maintenances you have done to your car and the mileage of the your car?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its petrol.Its undergoing maintenance but mechanic doesnt know the problem.Its automatic

Dear customer, sorry for the delay.

The sambar model like yours have a shared loom under the rod of the steering wheel.
I want to explain, this problem is a short evident in the circuit, it happens that the electric circuit of your truck shares the directionals, the turn signals, the lights of the headlights, the suiche etc. and if there are shorts in this one you can effectively cancel the signal of the fuel pump or the coil.

Keep in mind that your vehicle is 25 years old, it is common that moisture, heat and other factors damage the vehicle's electrical system, detecting this fault with precision when the wire loom or wiring is fitted to the car is very difficult.

My recommendation in your case is to disarm all the wiring, it is a tedious but necessary work, all kinds of damage that you observe repair it, from a small peeling in the wiring to a mator damage like a burnt or split, but it is better to have all the wiring out of the vehicle and to have visual access to the whole wiring, review wire by wire being still instaled in the car is very difficult, that is a common problem that appears in the Sambar.
Have you understood me dear customer?

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Did you solve your problem?
Is there anything else i could help you?
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 3,4 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much.
​Regards, Sebastian