sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Have a 2007 Legacy REN Auto 1994cc. Engine management light

Customer Question

Have a 2007 Legacy REN Auto 1994cc. Engine management light on and cruise control light flashing. Fault Code P2441. I think secondary intake valve. How can I economically establish if it is worth fixing. or just dispose of the car.
Assistant: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Cruise only works if I clear fault code
Assistant: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: are you a real person
Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the mechanic more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My cruise control is not faulty. It switches off because of the fault code.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
Despite the error code, do you feel any fault while driving?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No fault in driving. Only engine management light and cruise control not working

Dear customer Thank you very much for your inquiry, i get the concern you present and you are indeed presenting a problem in the air intake valve. This is something very common in any vehicle not only in the Subaru but any vehicle can present this type of problems in air intake valves because this valves is subject to many pollutants that dirty these valves causing them to stick, is not really expensive If in this case it was just a problem of dirt and simply disassembled with the throttle body and a routine cleaning maintenance is performed with which they get unstick and get working properly after a calibration with the diagnostic equipment, The worst case is that this valve suffer defects but they are not very expensive to replace them, Its cost can range between 50 to 100 pounds and are not difficult to access, The cost of labor varies according to the technician who performs the process.

Do you understand me, dear customer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’m afraid you are incorrect. It is common for the repair of this Subaru system to exceed £1500. The valves cost between £200 and £600. Depending on model. I’m not sure you fully understand my original question

Dear customer, observing the error code that you present is indeed because the switching valve of the air injection system is open and the sensor does not detect any exhaust impulse. I mean the computer does not detect exhaust impulses while the sensor is monitored, the exhaust pressure when the switching valve is commanded to open with the engine running. This itself is not problematic in terms of what you will get to produce a failure in the engine, such as loss of power etc what if it is going to happen is that you will be affected in terms of exhaust problems of gases, probably will not pass the emission test which would affect the use of the vehicle.

As for the repair, it is my bad because in United Kingdom, it is more expensive than other c**tries.you do not necessary should replace these valves directly, there are cleaning works that can be tried first before proceeding to the replacement.

in terms of costs, I think it is more prudent for you to take into account your research in the place where you are, because of your geographical location, we have problems in terms of the price of repair.

Do you understand me, dear customer?