sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My ignition to my Forester is faulty. It doesn't flash when

Customer Question

My ignition to my Forester is faulty. It doesn't flash when I press the key. To get going I have to put in the PIN number twice without the key in. Can I reset it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.
I want to help you, do you still need help?
If so, i would like to know if everything else works fine?
Thanks in advance

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Everything else works fine. I assume it is a question of typing the right code into the PIN reader.

Hello der customer, sorry for my long delay to get in contact with youi,

I notice that you present an important symptom of a deconfiguration in the system of recognition of the key, pin and immobilizer, let me explain how your immobilizer system work

The electronic immobilizer protects your vehicle by means of an electronic code integrated in the car and the key. This is composed of an invariable personal code and a second code that the immobilizer modifies each time the engine is started.

When starting the vehicle, the immobilizer checks the personal code and the variable. If both codes are correct, the immobilizer sends a new coded signal to the engine control to unlock the engine. Without this signal, the engine can not be started, even by a short circuit.

If you have a problem in the key or in the immobilizer, your vehicle does not turn on, this happens a lot when we perform works in the vehicle, it may have unintentionally done something to the battery that made the vehicle think that you were trying to turned on without its respective pin or key or some other case that could activate the immobilizer.
In your case, the immobilizer can not verify the codes, this may be due to different factors, such as as the module have been deprogrammed, or that the pin system has no access to the vehicle, therefore the immobilizer inhibits the ignition , this type of problems is quite common so you do not necessarily have to go to the dealership to solve it, although it would be the most prudent and correct thing to do, There are alternative companies that can help you with your case, reprogramming the system, and the immobilizer, and verify if any of the modules present damages or if there is a short.

This problem happens a lot when we use or touch the battery in a wrong way.

On a personal level i considere that it is a problem in the immobilizer module which control the system bacuse you have to try repeatedly with the pin to be able to unlock the vehicle and turn it on. This is a common symptom of what the immobilizer is not receiving the correct signal after several attempts.

Have you understood me?