sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Assistant: How can I help? the multifunction display has

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: the multifunction display has stopped working, occasionally it com es on briefly, a minute or so but then goes off
Assistant: What year is your ES?
Customer: 2005 legacy 2.5i
Assistant: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have removed the unit, i remember seeing a you tube video about a loose connection that needs re soldering
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i dont think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer after remove the unit and check the connectors ans wiring, did it work? or you still have the problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Jose Sebastian,
There were no obvious loose connections, nothing burnt out, refitted it but still does not work.

Dear customer thank you very much for your query I’m very sorry for my delay in communicating.
Dear client there are several causes that may be causing the interference that you see on your equipment’s screen, I did not notice in your query that you have discarded the antenna and the receiver, but usually they are not the main causes of this type of inconvenience, in terms of the tutorial that you observed online, I do not recommend much, to perform these jobs since these equipment’s are very delicate and work with an exact voltage and resistance, when we solder these cables we increase the resistance causing the equipment to work forced or to not work properly, in this point we must examine the equipment, more precisely the plate of the equipment, it is common that over time the plate suffers some kind of damage causing the interference that presents, as you’ll understand the board is made up of certain integrated components, these integrated, over time they begin to suffer some kind of mishap either by overheating or a spontaneous rise in the voltage, If the equipment has certain years of use, it is normal for these types of problems to happen suddenly.
Dear customer, the multifunctional stereo systems that your Subaru has, are usually good systems and that’s why many agencies use them in their vehicles.
Dear client, I do not know if you have already visited any Subaru agencies, to be able to solve this mishap, this time I’m going to recommend you to go to a place where they work with systems and sound installations, since these places have more knowledge about the internal functioning of these systems of stereos and navigation, as you’ll understand the navigation systems are not systems designed by the Subaru, therefore they do not have knowledge of the operation of the internal system, they can try to find the source ,according to the manual and to examine the equipment but more to a superficial level, as it is a review of the antennas, of the receiver of the connectors, and of the switches . But in the places where they work and specialize in sound equipment’s can help you and give you a more precise advice with a more precise diagnosis.
Find a place where they work with sound equipment’s they can help you more accurately and if the team should need a replacement for any problem or defect in the plate they can indicate you, which equipment you can adapt in your vehicle without any problem.

Have you understood me dear customer?
Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle