CarDoc
CarDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

My 2010 forester power steering light is coming on

Customer Question

my 2010 forester power steering light is coming on intermittantly and when this happens i have no power steering. is this an electrical problem or more serious
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: when the light is on the power is gone. by turning off and on the car the power returns
JA: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: wont be fixing myself . have tried nothing so far
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: wondering if its the same chassis as a 2008 forester as i may be able to access one for parts
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 7 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, did this problem started after some kind of work?
Is it the only indicator you have lit?