Tom Hildebrandt
Tom Hildebrandt,
Experience:  Kfz-Mechaniker at Ford Mohag
109781715

My immobilzer has come on my 2005 subaru impreza and I can't

Customer Question

My immobilzer has come on my 2005 subaru impreza and I can't start my car and I need the code which I have not got
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No the car will not start at all the immobilzer has engaged and I can't start the car
JA: Are you fixing your Impreza yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I have not tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I need a answer asap
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 19 days ago.

Expert:  Tom Hildebrandt replied 18 days ago.

Dear seeking advice,

My name is ***** ***** I have been since 20 years a professionell mechanic. I have read your offer by JustAnswer and I´m trying to help you.

Your immobilizer

1. has no code and

2. does not sound like an immobilizer according to your description.

The immobilizer would start the car and then cut off the fuel supply after 2-3 seconds.

You write the immobilizer is engaged I guess you mean the steering wheel lock. If the steering wheel lock cannot be released (the car cannot be started either) there is a mechanical defect in the lock.

Try this: put the key in the ignition, put your hand on the steering wheel and try to turn it left or right. You may wiggle the steering wheel or the key, if that doesn't work, you can only replace the ignition lock.

I´m aviable for further questions.

Greetings

MechanikerTom