sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

The audible alarm keeps going off, whether the car is locked

Customer Question

The audible alarm keeps going off, whether the car is locked or not. It is only the alarm, the car can still be started and driven with it sounding, Does this alarm have its own battery? Where is this thing, so if nothing else I can disconnect it and save another 0230 wake up? The car battery was tested yesterday and is absolutely fine
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: I must admit I haven't
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: It is a 2005 3.0 RN estate
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I havent tried repairing myself yet as I haven't a clue where to start, so other than disconnecting the battery to stp the noise, thats it
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think thats it thank you
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 19 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, I understand the problem it presents, first I have to clarify that the alarms of the recent models are no longer independent modules as in the old models, the alarm systems are now integrated into the main computer of the vehicle, so they cannot be disconnected as well as the only thing that can be done to eliminate them is some rebaling process or a special programming process, which seems unnecessary to me because repairing this problem is much cheaper than having to carry out those repairs.

The only thing I can recommend is that you disconnect the battery at night, it is the wisest thing to do this way, it does not discharge the battery and you do not run the risk of the alarm being activated in the middle of the night.

About on how to correct this problem, usually when the alarm sounds randomly, it can be configuration problems in the sensors with more accuracy in the sensitivity that the sensors receive, so the alarms can be activated randomly at a certain time. It may be due to two variables, the first is that the alarm module is already unconfigured, this is very easy to correct, simply use a diagnostic equipment and proceed to restore the data and set a new configuration to the sensitivity of the alarm. What can happen is that the sensor of one of the doors is damaged, therefore you perceive some alteration that certainly does not exist, in this case it is recommended to replace the sensor but to check which of the sensors is working outside the normal range, the study should be carried out through the diagnostic tool.

I want to clarify that the diagnostic equipment must have the Subaru software.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.