How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14164
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

my grandson served his time with a gas company after it was

Customer Question

my grandson served his time with a gas company after it was completed they paid him off he has now got a job with another gas company when they applied to gas safe they told him that the first company he had worked for had used a diffrent national insurance number and after further enquires in to the diffrent accrediting bodies that he olso had been put through on other diffrent national insurance numbers similar to his and that the companys that deal with posting and registering the national insurance number match to his qualifications are saying that they are not the ones who deal with altering the number. gas safe are saying that they are unable to adjust the national insurance number with them reciving a copy from his accredited body ie. city and guilds the company saying they cant do anything.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question

Its up to the company with whom your grandson worked to rectify their mistakes, so I would get your grandson to ensure he has the right National Insurance number, and then write to the company he did his training with, and inform them of the correct national insurance number,

They may say they are unable to do anything about this, but as they are the one who ensured he was registered, and they are the ones that monitored his work, I would argue that they also are the only ones who can rectify this mistake.

Furthermore I would contact Gas Safe again and ask them under what circumstances they would amend the National Insurance number, and from whom this directive needs to come.