How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7519
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

i work paye i have received a tax bill for £1300 pound who

Customer Question

i work paye i have received a tax bill for £1300 pound who has to pay this myself or the company im not the only one in ths situation six others so far are also in the same boat as me
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 5 years ago.
HI Chris

Thanks for your question

Can you advise how the unpaid tax has come about, did the employer fail to operate new tax codes issued to it, whereas you had received the change. Was it due to you have company benefits, such as a car etc.
What tax year(s) does this apply to.

If you can advise as much information as possible, I can then establish whether the employer, HMRC or you should be responsible for paying this, and what action to take next.