How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7512
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am currently working abroad which i know is a very grey area

Customer Question

I am currently working abroad which i know is a very grey area but for a uk company my contract states an annual salary of 59k in the first year I received it,
After being out of the uk for one year N.I is not compulsory so has been stopped but my net salary didn't raise by the 4k A a year N.I my my company is claiming my gross salary has been dropped to 55k,

They are claiming they have beached the contract but only by the fact that they did not inform me of my pay cut and they think if I take legal action I will loose so they are willing to risk it!

Surely if it states in my contract an annual salary of 59k I should then receive the 59k,
I am a tradesman but I know the staff for the company have received there N.I but they claim the trades will not.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  ben.jones replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know if you tell me how long you have worked for them?