How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14195
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Hi Sam what self assement forms would i require to apply

Customer Question

Hi Sam

what self assement forms would i require to apply for my pension to be paid into a uk bank as there are hundreds in the system.


Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jim There is only one self assessment form the SA100 which is all you need as you state you only have UK pension arising in the UK (then there are additional pages for each style of income)and you would also need the residency form to claim your personal allowances, which is the SA109 But you need to contact HMRC to set you up within self assessment and allocate you a unique taxpayer reference. They will then issue the appropriate forms. Link here for you to do this. Which advises if you're calling from abroad please telephone: +44(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>


But this does not arrange for your pension to be paid into the UK bank, this should happen automatically(by the details you provide) when you trigger the claim for state pension


Thanks Sam

Expert:  Sam replied 5 years ago.
I hope you were able to get registered into self assessment as necessary.