How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14645
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

hi i have client has company in the uk but wants to settle

Customer Question

hi i have client has company in the uk but wants to settle in malta could you exlain the tax implication in terms of tax charge in the uk and malta?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 5 years ago.



Thanks for your question

The company would continue to be liable to corporation tax on its profits, and dividends would continue to be liable to the 110% tax credi that the company with holds, but for salary, the client can apply for a NT (No Tax) coding, by completing a form P85 after he leaves the UK, and as long as he will spend at least a full tax year out of the UK, and has no remianing ties in the UK, and meets all the statutory residence tests now in force (since 06/04/2013) then HMRC will honour the issue of this tax code to operate against his salary, allowing him to receive his pay tax free (National Insurance continues to be deducted for the first 52 weeks)


See link here re the new statutory tests.