How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14165
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have been paying the estimated vat on ltd co. for 1 year

Customer Question

I have been paying the estimated vat on ltd co. for 1 year now. I have not filed proper retuns. If I dissolve the company and I've paid all the estimates in full, will hmrc allow the company to be dissolved with overdue vat returns.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.



Thanks for your question

I am afraid the answer is no, you have to make sure all aspects of your tax affairs with the limited company and your obligations to HMRC (and companies house) are up to date and fully paid.


I would arrange to get the VAT returns filed and sent in, and any VAT die paid over