How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5141
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Hi, we opened a limited company. The company now is going to

This answer was rated:

Hi, we opened a limited company. The company now is going to trade and receive revenue soon. However, the bank account is not yet ready to get the funds. We are thinking of using our director's bank account to receive that funds on behalf of the company and will transfer to the company bank account when it is available. Can we do that as a solution? our director is afraid of his personal income tax will be affected because of the money of the company come to his bank account. Can we claim it to HMRC that amount is the company money and we will pay Corporate Tax for it? Many thanks

Hello, if you have any questions or need further clarification after reading my answer please let me know.


Thank you for your question...


There are times when it takes longer than usual for company bank accounts to become operational because of credit checks etc.


In those circumstances it is possible to use personal bank account as a stop gap solution (a very short term solution). You should document the arrangement in a board meeting and minute the agreement. This would alleviate any issues with HMRC in the future. You should transfer those funds from the director's account into company bank account as soon as the company account is opened.


If you need more information please let me know before you rate my service.


I hope this is helpful and answers your question. I am available for any follow up questions you may have, and you can use the reply button to post your follow up questions to the page. If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get paid for it. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you