How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7843
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I recently did a self assessment form on line to claim for

Customer Question

I recently did a self assessment form on line to claim for travel expenses hoping to get a refund but instead my Tax Code was changed from 944L to 1219L . While my colleagues at work got the refund and their tax code remained as it was . Did I fill the form in wrong ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 5 years ago.

Can you tell me which figures you put in which boxes on the employment pages SA102 please. Can you also tell me what is in your tax code in terms of allowances and deductions please.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 5 years ago.

I wondered if you had sorted out your tax issue as I can see that you have read my info request. Let me know if you still need help.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,