How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7509
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I was a single mum who did and does still two jobs although

Customer Question

I was a single mum who did and does still two jobs although kids now grown. Few years ago I had tax bill, they said I hadn't paid enough tax and gone over my earnings allowance. .i didn't understand but arranged to pay it anyway. Now again I've been told that I've gone over my Alllownace and they will now combine the two tax bills and take it via my wages each month till its paid. I'm slightly dyslexic with numbers and I cant figure why I can only earn so much. I don't pay tax on my second job but tHought that's be ause I didn't earn enough I remarried 4 yrs ago then split up, now were back together again and I'm trying hard to stat again but this is really working me. I wrote and said I had moved and kids were all grown up when the tax credits sent me a form, many years ago. So why they say I'm still getting it I don't know. Can you help me?
Thank you bev
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.



Thanks for your question and I am sorry to hear of the worry this is causing you


Can you advise how much you earn (before any tax deductions) from each job.