How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5113
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

We are a VAT register company in the UK that provided services

Customer Question

We are a VAT register company in the UK that provided services to Geneva ( one of our staff performed some lectures ) We are about to invoice them - Do I charge VAT?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

UK VAT does not need to be charged on physical activity carried out in Switzerland and would include performing lectures. This would be zero-rated for VAT purposes.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Expert: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Steve

I notice you have viewed my response to question on whether you should charge VAT or not to a customer in Geneva (JACUSTOMER-3g3b7mwl- Last Viewed on 21/10/2013 at 09:47).

Just checking to see if you have any issues relating to your question that I may not have addressed. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.