How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14154
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

If income (from anything) falls below the personal allowance

Customer Question

If income (from anything) falls below the personal allowance is it necessary to complete a self assessment form
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.



Thanks for your question


If from just employment then no - if from an income that automatically falls within self assessment such as capital gains, rental income, foreign income over £200 , self employment etc then yes there is.


I have added a link here that advised when it might be necessary to complete self assessment tax returns each year.