How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14154
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Can a loss on a property investment in USA be offset against

Customer Question

Can a loss on a property investment in USA be offset against UK income tax?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.



Thanks for your question, my name is Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.


Whether this refers to rental income or the sale of the property,I am afraid the answer is no, it can only offset against future property profits if referring to rental income or if in reference to the sale of the property, gains on future sales.


I am sorry the news is not more favourable