How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7510
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

How to minimise tax demands when working abroad

Customer Question

How to minimise tax demands when working abroad
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your problem. Perhaps you could expand your question a little, please. Who is your employer and where is your employer located? Furthermore, is your work all done overseas or are some duties performed in the UK and finally is this employment within the European Union (EU)? As a general rule though to avoid tax altogether when working abroad outside the EU make sure you never spend more than 90 days in the UK in each tax year.