How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14195
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Should i be chargered vat for swimming pool hire? My lessons

This answer was rated:

Should i be chargered vat for swimming pool hire? My lessons are asa registered and blocked booked through out the year. The school running the pool were a registered charity who did not charge me vat on my invoices. The pool is now being run by a private company who are charging vat on the pool hire. The pool remains the property of the school.

Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.

If the company who run the lessons are VAT registered (which it would appear they are) then I am afraid to say they must change VAT, and this may be to their detriment as it will be more costly for lessons and individuals may go elsewhere.

But as long as they are VAT registered (will be shown on the receipt/invoice) they supply, then this is sadly correct even though they do not own the pool.



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I hope I was able to answer your question,. although I appreciate that it was not a favourable answer. Please let me know If you require any further assistance with this matter.