How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14157
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Hi Tony I have a portfolio of 30 properties and intend to

Customer Question

Hi Tony
I have a portfolio of 30 properties and intend to leave the uk for a period of 5 years or more.
1) do I have to be resident in another country as I wish to tour europe?
2) I intend to dispose of properties without paying CGT?
3) If I returned to the uk after said period would CGT be payable?
4) Whilst I woul prefere to travel is it essental I reside in a country with no tax implications/

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.

This has been answered here or click on MY questions when you log in and the question and answer will be there for you