taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I used to be Self Employed, then stopped. I earned £800 in

I used to be Self Employed, then stopped. I earned £800 in 2012-13 and forgot to register, so do not have a Self Assessment form. How do I inform HMRC and pay the tax due in time?
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Please advise -

Did you have any other income in the tax year 2012-13?
If so, what was it and was it taxed at source?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, all other income is on PAYE. Also approximately a month of JSA, taxed on BR.

Shelley, thank you for your reply.

If you have not received Tax Return 2013 to complete, then you are best advised to write to HMRC and state you had casual income during the tax year and you wish to report it and ask for a tax return.

If on the other hand, ifyou have a Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) and you have registered for online filing in the past, then you should file a tax return online before 31 Jan 2014 to avoid a penalty.

You may find a local accountant or tax specialist who is prepared to file the return on your behalf using inhouse commercial software.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have a UTR and will file a Return at the weekend. Thanks for your assistance.

Shelley, thank you for your reply.

If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get paid for it.

Shelley, I thank you for accepting my answer.
Your reward of a bonus is greatly appreciated.

Good luck.