How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5676
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I used to be Self Employed, then stopped. I earned £800 in

This answer was rated:

I used to be Self Employed, then stopped. I earned £800 in 2012-13 and forgot to register, so do not have a Self Assessment form. How do I inform HMRC and pay the tax due in time?
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Please advise -

Did you have any other income in the tax year 2012-13?
If so, what was it and was it taxed at source?

Many thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi, all other income is on PAYE. Also approximately a month of JSA, taxed on BR.

Shelley, thank you for your reply.

If you have not received Tax Return 2013 to complete, then you are best advised to write to HMRC and state you had casual income during the tax year and you wish to report it and ask for a tax return.

If on the other hand, ifyou have a Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) and you have registered for online filing in the past, then you should file a tax return online before 31 Jan 2014 to avoid a penalty.

You may find a local accountant or tax specialist who is prepared to file the return on your behalf using inhouse commercial software.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have a UTR and will file a Return at the weekend. Thanks for your assistance.

Shelley, thank you for your reply.

If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get paid for it. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Shelley, I thank you for accepting my answer.
Your reward of a bonus is greatly appreciated.

Good luck.