Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)

I am a medical practitioner who has two main sources of income.

Customer Question

I am a medical practitioner who has two main sources of income. For three days a week I work for a medical supplies company on their payroll and pay Class one nat. ins. contributions. The remainder of my time I am self employed and pay Class two nat.ins. contributions. Is it right that I am liable to two types of national insurance payments?
Expert: replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

You pay Class 1 as an employee and Class 2 as self employed... you are liable to both types of NI.

Confirmation of this can be found here (paying national Insurance Contributions on both jobs

I hope this is helpful.