How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7512
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

My employer has issued my payslips and P45 to HMRC but he has

Customer Question

My employer has issued my payslips and P45 to HMRC but he has claimed that I didn't pay any tax in my period working with him. This is wrong and he is refusing to pay me the difference or reissue the P45. What can I do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question

Do you have the original payslips detailing the tax deducted ?
Or do you have any evidence such as an employment contract or job advert that details what you will be paid, so when compared to what you were paid (from bank statements) its clear that you actually received a lesser payment (so deductions had to have been made)

Let me know a little bit more about the position.

Please also advise when you started work there - and how much you actually took home - and when this employment ceased.