How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5112
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I am selling my www Domain to an American company can I pay

This answer was rated:

I am selling my www Domain to an American company can I pay capital gains tax or will I have to pay Corporation Tax the income tax
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Please advise...

Are you trading as a LTD company?
Is your domain in the name of your company?

Many thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Yes its a Ltd company and The Domain is the name of my company

David, thank you for your prompt reply.

As it is company asset, the gain from sale of it would be chargeable gain in the books of the company. Companies pay Corporation tax on its chargeable gains so the gain would attract CT at 20%.

more information on this can be found here

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you