How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14195
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Dear Sir/Madam, I am late in returning my tax forms due to

This answer was rated:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am late in returning my tax forms due to personal reasons. I have a new gateway user id but the sysstem wont accept this or my password XXXXX Any help would be appretiated as i am desprate to return my accounts thank you.

Thanks for your question, I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax expert here on Just Answer.

You need to telephone the online services helpdesk and they can establish what is going wrong, and help get you access to the online services, to file your tax return,.

Their contact details are

Opening hours:
8am to 8pm Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm Saturday
Closed Sunday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day

For customers who are deaf or hearing or speech impaired:
0300(NNN) NNN-NNNN(Textphone)

If you're calling from abroad please telephone: +44 (0)161(NNN) NNN-NNNN

That's the fastest way to resolve the problem.

Good lick


Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you