How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5141
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

We live in Australia,but own a property in the uk which we

This answer was rated:

We live in Australia,but own a property in the uk which we visit once or twice a year.We have never actually lived in the property but bought it as an investment.Will we pay counciltax on our holiday home
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Council Tax is payable on properties that are second home, I'm afraid.

More information on this can be found here .. please read section - Holiday homes and second homes

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you