How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5113
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I have been running a small UK Ltd company for a number of

This answer was rated:

I have been running a small UK Ltd company for a number of years now. At the coy's inception I issued (to myself) 100 £1 shares and deposited payment for these in the company's bank account. After a number of years Companies House requires me to enter a Called Up Share Capital figure for this year in their Abbreviated Accounts of £100. I thought called up share capital related to shares I may have issued in this reporting year. Whilst I have no reason to doubt that CH are right this means shareholder's funds figure is now £100 more than actually exists in the coy bank account. I can't get my head around how that can be right.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Your called up share capital is total number of shares in issue. If you issued 100 shares of £1 each when the company was formed and that number is XXXXX the same i.e. no further shares have been issued, then your called upsahre capital at year end remains 100 shares of £1 each totalling £100.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Robert, I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.