How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

my mother is 80yrs old and went private for eye treatment ,as

Customer Question

my mother is 80yrs old and went private for eye treatment ,as waiting was to long on NHS
can she claim any money back
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 4 years ago.

I'm afraid that there are no tax reliefs for the cost of privately funded eye treatment. I'm not a health funding expert so I could not tell you whether your mother could recover the cost from the NHS.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi tonytax i do not want to pay

as you are not a health fund expert


Expert:  TonyTax replied 4 years ago.

This is a tax question site, not a health funding question site! It says UK Tax at the top.


Technically my answer is correct because I answer questions on tax and its not unreasonable for me to believe that questions posted here are about tax.


Your rating damages my standing on this site which is unfair given that I answered the question correctly.. Please reconsider it and then ask just answer for a refund.