How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7548
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I earn less than £27000. Is my tax code right?

Customer Question

I earn less than £27000. Is my tax code right?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.

Please advise what your tax code is, and whether you have
1) Company benefits
2) Other income
3) Owe any tax for previous tax years
40 For what tax year you are asking for


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tax code 386Y.

Year: 2014/2015

Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your response

And how is that tax code made up - as clearly you have a deduction in this tax code, whether other income (such as state pension or employment, annuity, company benefits)

And please also advise
1) Allowances awarded
2) Deductions